I really want to learn more Spanish.
It would definitely aid in taking care of patients in the clinic – usually a family member or office staff can translate, but it is not the same.
It would be helpful to form relationships with neighbors and church members.
But most of all, I would like to learn more Spanish so I could understand the peoples prayers.
Their prayers are earnest, so I wish I knew what they were asking our Father.
They are lengthy, though I don’t get the sense that they contain vein repetitions.
There is also a melodious tone to them, that is music to the ears.
So pray for me that my ability to understand Spanish would increase.
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are praying for you. Thanks for the blog. Shelby and I are enjoying reading it.
ReplyDeleteYou and Charity are getting first hand experience with the song "All Creatures Great and Small." :-)
I'm sure you have loads of tiempo libre (free time), but in your spare moments, you might find this site helpful: www.studyspanish.com/tutorial.htm It's a basic, bare-bones outline of Spanish grammar, but it might at least be handy to help you sort out patterns you're able to identify in others' speech so that you can hear it more easily (and eventually speak it yourselves). Vocabulary comes with exposure and practice, but just being handy with a few nouns and how verbs work can go a long way.
ReplyDeleteCuidense (take care).