Friday, November 13, 2009

LoC II - Food


Menu for our days are as follows ...

Breakfast - cereal, eggs, pb & toast or oatmeal. The chickens in the picture are not who I get my eggs from - but I do get them from their neighbors. Twice I have bought pancake mix that contained bugs - there will not be a third time, but I did find a recipe.

Lunch - Get to eat at clinic for $7 U.S that pays for me and my four boys. This is good Belizean food, fellowship & I don’t have to do dishes!

Dinner - spaghetti, chicken tortilla soup, shepherd's pie, mac & cheese, and others to follow.

Misc. - I go to the market once a week with the clinic cook.
- I have to bleach the veggies so we all don't get sick
- There are ants in the fridge so things have to be sealed.
- Things are very expensive except staples (ie. rice, beans, flour).
- The oven works most of the time.
- We get red and green apples, bananas and watermelons for fruit.
- I get my eggs, some veggies and tortillas delivered to my door.

p.s. I am now using fabric softener. Cloth diapers are going great. I have 6-ply cloth diaper & a little flannel insert for extra absorbency - they both dry great. I use the thirsties diaper cover that dries fast. I added another line to dry more –it has helped a lot. I just have to remember to start a load at night so that I can hang for the early morning sun.

1 comment:

  1. Great reports. Will pray for ya'll in church tomorrow. Hope you have a great Sunday!
    Stewart

    ReplyDelete