Thursday, November 26, 2009
LoC III - Cleaning
Cleaning is pretty much the same as at home. Except for the following, ...
Everyday you have to sweep the floors. Well at least I do because it is one less bath for Athan, and there are little sawdust piles from termite-like ants plus all the bugs that died over night. Oh, and sometimes there is gecko poop - nasty!
You also have to clean the bugs off the table before you eat. Though we always seem to miss some.
I should be cleaning the squished mosquitoes off the wall, but I felt like it might serve as a warning to the others - it didn't seem to work. What may be working is these things you plug into the wall (I may need those for home). Mosquitoes are just as bad by our home in Huntsville in the summer but as you can see from prior post, these are huge though easier to kill. We saw ants carrying a dead one - it was very funny. I wish I had the camera - I think Shane had it, (what a surprise).
Dishes are washed the good old fashion way - in the sink, and then dried on a rack. The only difference is we don’t have hot water at the sink. Now that we figured out that a slower shower stream leads to warm water, I might get water to wash dishes from there. Also, sometimes I use a few drops of bleach, which most of the time ends up on my clothes.
I have had a woman who cleans at the clinic clean my house twice now - it was very nice! I actually got to sit & read to the boys.
It was $30 Belize - that is $15 U.S.
Her name is Marsela and she mostly speaks Spanish. So she gives us a Spanish lesson as well! You can see her picture above with Athan and Grattan.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment