Monday, January 25, 2010

LoC VIII- Green Thumb



When I think of gardening, the song For the Beauty of the Earth is what comes to mind.

I have really missed gardening at home. My yard with the changing color's, the evergreen's to make wreaths and various plants I have at home including hydrangea's, perennials and monkey grass. I am also curious about how things I planted this past fall are doing. I also miss the ladies at my gardening club, as well as those at church who talk "plants" with me.

When we arrived I noticed the house is edged with elevated flower beds. It had 3-4 plants, but was mostly covered in weeds. The heat & mosquitoes provided enough disincentive to keep me from redeeming this part of creation.

However, Shane & the boys bought me a plant for Christmas --- and they knew I couldn't just let it sit there. And then we came upon a nursery & I got a few more plants that I could divide.

So one cool day when my mom was visiting, I tackled the flower beds. It was nice to feel at home in this way, even far from home.

Some of the other photos are from gardens around our village and one with a lady holding the tool that is the gardeners friend here, a machete.

No comments:

Post a Comment