Saturday, January 16, 2010
LoC VII - Food
We had mentioned previously that we ate a variation of rice, beans and chicken everyday. There is some truth to that, but not entirely ...
Above you will see the making of Tamales - something I like, though Shane is not too fond of.
We have also liked ... Black Chimole, Escabeche, fried plantains, Garnaches, Salbutes, fresh naranja's (oranges that are yellowish-green, not orange), fried rice with chicken, Ceviche, homemade fried tortilla's (Shane thinks he is getting these at home instead of the store bought - we will see :)), tres leche cake (three milk cake that I think I might develop a pregnancy craving for!), etc., etc., etc.
Below are some images of those foods listed above ... and please note, black chimole is much better than it looks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Charity, heard the news (we are excited for you guys), any names to share? How about some recipes on the foods, we would like to try these.
ReplyDeleteJoyce