Wednesday, January 27, 2010
LoC IX - Women's Conference
This past weekend I had the pleasure of attending a woman's conference put on by Christ Presbyterian Church from Franklin, TN.
It was a first for the ladies in the surrounding villages and there were about 70 that attended. It was also at a nice resort which was a treat for us all!
Our theme verse was Zephaniah 3:17 ...
The LORD your God is in your midst,
a mighty one who will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness;
He will quiet you by His love;
He will exult over you with loud singing.
(btw here is a great version of a song based on this verse)
The speaker and song leader was Diana Beach Batarseh (see here and here) who is also from Franklin, TN, but is originally from the country of Columbia.
Her focus was on the Beloved.
Some of her main points were ...
That the Creator made us to be with Him. We talked also about being image bearers and God's response to the fall--how the Savior quiets His beloved with love (how failure to fulfill the law and accusations from Satan are silenced through Christ). On the last day we focused on verses from Revelation. How the bridegroom rejoices over His bride and then a marriage feast occurs. We made flowered wreaths for our heads to lay at the feet of Jesus (you know I loved that one) & then finished things off with cake in celebration.
We had a time of worship before each session & there is a favorite song which I haven't been able to find a link to called Vestido Estoy de Amor del Senor (I am wearing the love of the Lord, i think).
We also had small group discussion of about 10 ladies--this was very special getting to know the hearts of these women.
I also got to see the strength & love of my husband who watched all four boys for over 20 hours during the weekend --- and they are all still alive!
Thanks Shane --- I learned a lot about God, myself and you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment