Monday, December 14, 2009
Retreat
We were privileged to the attend the Mission to the World (MTW) Belize leadership retreat last weekend.
MTW is the mission agency for the Presbyterian Church in America. The local leadership, that includes some Americans and some Belizeans, thought it was a good idea to have a weekend retreat at the Banana Bank Lodge. They thought it would be good to fellowship, sing praises, hear some Scriptural exhortations and sight-see.
I thought it was an even better idea to invite the O'Neills ;)
We did have a good time singing many songs of praise (my favorites were Eres Todopoderoso (I like the Patchacan version better, but this was the best I could find) and Before the Throne of God Above), being exhorted to pray (and to do so more intentionally, frequently, and powerfully) and getting to know one another.
The O'Neill's also had a good time swimming and then visiting the Belize Zoo (do not ask Bram about the Tapir!) and the Community Baboon Sanctuary (where people and Howler monkeys co-exist).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment